Product Care & Repair
Care & Repair
Since founded, PERIMADE has maintained the highest standards in design, materials and craftsmanship. With proper care, you can preserve the beauty of your PERIMADE jewelry and accessories for years to come.
How to Care for Your Jewelry
The precious materials used in PERIMADE designs require specific care. Learn how to ensure your jewelry remains in prime condition.
Sterling Silver Jewelry Care
Sterling silver requires special care to preserve its appearance and longevity. PERIMADE only use the American standard for sterling silver, a mixture of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper to enhance luster, strength and durability. This remains the industry standard today.
Sterling silver tarnishes when exposed to salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, perspiration, cosmetics, household bleach and other strong chemicals. To prevent tarnish as much as possible, we recommend that you store your fine jewelry in a safe, dry place when engaging in the following activities:
- Household and outdoor chores
- Showering, bathing or swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs and the ocean
- Using lotion, hair products, fragrances and other cosmetics
- Exercising at the gym or during contact sports
- Preparing meals
Storing sterling silver in the PERIMADE flannel pouch provided with your purchase will help prevent tarnish.
How to Clean Sterling Silver
- Apply a small amount of silver jewelry cleaner to a soft cloth.
- Gently rub the silver with the cloth several times.
- Rinse the silver thoroughly in warm water.
- Blot dry and shine your silver with our polishing cloth or mitts. This will remove the tarnish and restore shine.